[Axiom-mail] Programming with the Tree domain

From: Simon Blomberg
Subject: [Axiom-mail] Programming with the Tree domain
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 16:52:01 +1000

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Axiom, although I have been lurking on this list for a
long time. So please forgive my newbieness.

I'm interested in programming with tree data structures, and the Tree
domain looks like what I need. However, due to my newness to Axiom, I'm
having trouble getting started. There also doesn't appear to be much
documentation (apart from the source code), especially for newbies.

Is there anyone on the list that can give me some pointers on how to get
started (creating trees from lists, and manipulating them for example)?
I know this is a too-broad question, but a couple of toy examples would
really help at this stage.

Thanks,

Simon.
--
Simon Blomberg, BSc (Hons), PhD, MAppStat.
Lecturer and Consultant Statistician

Policies:
1.  I will NOT analyse your data for you.
2.  Your deadline is your problem.

The combination of some data and an aching desire for
an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can
be extracted from a given body of data. - John Tukey.