Re: [Axiom-mail] Axiom and Firefox (newbie)

From: Sergio Polini
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Axiom and Firefox (newbie)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 16:55:00 +0100

> >> SELinux isn't a firewall technology.
> >
> >Yes, I know.
> >Sorry, I've not said clearly that I'm not running SELinux.
> >
> >However, I've found that "Access to restricted URI denied
> >(NS_ERROR_DOM_BAD_URI)" errors occur when there is a cross domain Ajax
> > call:
> > http://www.leveltendesign.com/solution/error-access-restricted-uri-denied
> >-when-making-ajax-cal
> > http://extjs.com/learn/Ext_FAQ_Ajax#.22Permission_denied_to_call_method_X
> >MLHttpRequest.open.22 etc.
> >
> >Is this finding useful to trace the error?
>
> Sorry about the focus on SELinux. It was my best guess.
> I'll google this when I get a chance but I have more guesses.

Sorry, I'ld like to restart from the beginning.
I've downloaded axiom-ubuntu-jan2009-bin.tgz, then I've looked at
bookvol11.pdf. Here I read:

mkdir -p /home/silver/bitmaps
cp bookvol11.pamphlet /home/silver
cd /home/silver
export AXIOM=(where)
export PATH=$AXIOM/bin/lib:$AXIOM/bin:$PATH
notangle -t8 bookvol11.pamphlet > Makefile
make -j 10

Two (eventually stupid) questions:
a) should I create a bitmaps folder in my home directory?
b) where is bookvol11.pamplet? (I can't find it in
axiom-ubuntu-jan2009-bin.tgz)

Thanks
Sergio