Re: [Axiom-mail] Axiom does not start

From: Fabio S.
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Axiom does not start
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 12:01:13 +0100 (CET)

Fabio,

The problem is that you have randomize_va_space enabled.
This causes the image to fail on startup.

either:

(a) become root and do:

echo 0 >/proc/sys/kernel/randomize_va_space

or (b)

launch with

setarch i386 -R axiom

This should be fixed in the next release.

What about the ubuntu64bit version?
I don't get it working even trying all possible combinations...
I have it installed on 2 machines. On the first I get the error

gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1': execvp: No such file or directory

while on the second I get

   >> System error:
   Unknown bfd error code on openr

Thanks