[Axiom-mail] negative integer exponents in polynomials

From: Perrin Meyer
Subject: [Axiom-mail] negative integer exponents in polynomials
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 18:53:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm new to axiom, which so far seems great.

How do I get axiom to display polynomials with negative integer exponents, like

--> a + b * z^-1 + c * z^-2

(DSP style). See below for a transcript.

(I am using axiom on my Intel macbook 10.5 (I got sbcl and texmacs from
macports, and I compiled frimacs using sbcl.  I made a soft link between
/usr/local/bin/axiom and AXIOMsys, to get texmacs to work)

Thanks,

Perrin Meyer

→ f := a*z^2 + b*z + c
→
a z2 + b z + c
(1)
Type: Polynomial Integer
→ f / z^2
→
a z2 + b z + c
z2
(2)
Type: Fraction Polynomial Integer
→
z2 z 2 +b
z2 z +c
z2
(3)
Type: UnivariatePolynomial(z,Fraction Polynomial Integer)
→