[Axiom-mail] How to convert a Polynomial Integer into String

From: Shing Hing Man
Subject: [Axiom-mail] How to convert a Polynomial Integer into String
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 10:53:06 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to write the following (tex expression of)
variable df into a text file.

(20) -> df :=D(exp(x) + 2*x,x);
(20) ->

Type: Expression Integer
(21) -> df
(21) ->
$$
{e \sp x}+2
\leqno(21)
$$

Type: Expression Integer

I could use the command File(Expression Integer) as
described in
section 9.24 of the Axiom book.

Alternatively, I am trying to use the command TextFile
:

f1: TextFile := open("df.txt", "output");

writeLine!(f1,df);

close! f1;

But I get an error complaining  the second parameter
 in writeLine!(*,*)
should be of type String.
How to convert df into a String ?

Thanks advance for any assistance!