[Axiom-mail] Re: [fricas-devel] I can't get the latex file for AxiomEmac

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-mail] Re: [fricas-devel] I can't get the latex file for AxiomEmacsMode with noweb
Date: 22 Nov 2007 08:38:16 +0100

Francois Maltey <address@hidden> writes:

> (1) -> 11111     -- the return key is right.
>
>    (1)  11111
>                                                         Type: PositiveInteger

yes, by default [return] is bound to evaluate.

> (2) -> )read /tmp/axiom44459nt.input    --- the [ctrl-return] key make errors

[ctrl-return] puts the front item of the kill ring in a temporary file and
")read" s it.  That way you can re-define easily function definitions you save
in an input file, without having to re evaluate the whole input file.

Of course, I'd be happy to have better - more emacs-like - keybindings,
although I must say I found them pretty much OK so far.

There is one important glitch in the mode currently:

I want to be able to override old input-output combinations. Several people
said that this would be useful.  However, it is quite difficult to detext, when
a computation has finished and new input is to be accepted.  In particular, I
do not really want to rely on the prompt appearing, since it might be desirable
to have "interactive" axiom commands, like pause() somebody (was it
Constantine?) is using already.  Also there are some system commands like

   )di op 1

that ask the user a question, without displaying a prompt.

Ideas welcome.

Martin