[Axiom-mail] Re: [fricas-devel] Axiom Wiki and Portal are moving

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-mail] Re: [fricas-devel] Axiom Wiki and Portal are moving
Date: 01 Nov 2007 07:21:57 +0100

Dear Bill,

I'm very grateful to you, even though I'm unhappy that axiom-developer.org will
not have the same contents in future.  Oh dear, I link to it in a paper...

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:

>     http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org
>
> and
>
>     http://axiom-portal.newsynthesis.org

These names sound quite good to me.  "new synthesis" has something optimistic!

> The most serious missing component at the new Axiom wiki site is the existing
> database of IssueTracker reports. I have tried unsuccessfully to copy to the
> old database to the new server. In any case it is also true that a number of
> these reports may be obsolete or may not apply equally to all of the Axiom
> projects. Also some of the Axiom projects (forks) have their own way of
> tracking problems, e.g. OpenAxiom simply uses SourceForge. So I am open to
> suggestions on how to proceed with this transferring this information (and/or
> comments about whether this is really necessary or not).

Oh dear, that's too bad.  In fact, I'm quite shocked.

I wanted to make the following suggestion already some time ago: If the three
projects intend to cooperate, I think it would be a very wise thing to have
only one database for bugs.

I like IssueTracker a lot, mainly, because it is so easy to demonstrate the
bug.  Since we have several projects now, it would be necessary though to be
able to select any subset of

fixed in Axiom
fixed in FriCAS
fixes in OpenAxiom

Since FriCas and Axiom refers to the IssueTracker numbers in the logfiles and
in source, it is a must (if possible) to keep the database numbering as is.

Do you know already whether transferring is a fundamental problem?

Many thanks again and good luck,

Martin