Re: [Axiom-mail] Documentation of 'output'

From: Robert Funnell
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Documentation of 'output'
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 15:29:22 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for the additional information. I'll try the SPADEDIT thing when I'm feeling particularly masochistic :-)

My HyperDoc does crash if I try to search the library documentation in the Browser. It says
    Cannot open the file /usr/lib/axiom-20050901/algebra/libdb.text.
and kills not only the Browser window but also the top-level HyperDoc window. I don't know why that file is missing. I'm using the version of Axiom in Debian Etch.

Another surprising behaviour is that if I kill one of the secondary windows using the operating system's (GNOME's) close-window command, the top-level HyperDoc window also dies. Sometimes this also seems to cause the main Axiom command line to stop acting properly, such that I can give a )quit command but it doesn't quit, so I have to kill the Axiom process from outside. I can't seem to replicate it right now.

In spite of all this whining, I'm very happy: thanks to the great help from you and Bill Page, I have managed to write some Axiom code to solve my problem, with 4 levels of nested loops to do parameter variations, and a bunch of if-then-else's! I even figured out how to select the right one of the 3 solutions to the cubic (defined with 4 equations in 4 unknowns) and squirt all the results into a TeXmacs document :-)

Thank you.

- Robert