Re: [Axiom-mail] Documentation of 'output'

From: Robert Funnell
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Documentation of 'output'
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:51:29 -0400 (EDT)

Oooh. Red face.
As embarrassing as it is, I'll explain why I hadn't found that, in case there is someone else with the same affliction.

When I run axiom, the HyperDoc window pops up and says 'AXIOM HyperDoc Top Level'. I click on, say, Reference to look for something. A second window pops up on top of the first window. I poke around for a while, using the home and/or up-arrow buttons to get back to the top. At the top I see 'Axiom Reference' and no home or up-arrow button, and as a very confused newbie forget that there's another window hiding behind this one. (I had actually came across a reference to Browse at one point and couldn't figure out why I couldn't find it, but then forgot about it.)

The lack of a home or up-arrow button at the top level of a second-level item like Reference or Browse is a result of wanting those things to open in separate windows. Would it be reasonable or feasible to have those second-level windows open with offsets from the parent Top Level window?

- Robert