[Axiom-mail] Re: [Axiom-developer]for teachers

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: [Axiom-mail] Re: [Axiom-developer]for teachers
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:45:00 +1000

I have been using Axiom (and also Maxima) this semester for a class in cryptography.  This subject covers public-key cryptography (RSA, Rabin, El Gamal) and signature schemes, secret key cryptography (in particular DES and AES), hash functions, and all the necessary mathematics - mainly number theory and finite fields.  The students who have chosen Axiom have taken well to it.

If anyone wants to see how I've managed this subject, go to http://suzuki.vu.edu.au/moodle2, and login as a guest to the subject RCM3720/6812, using the login key "C1PHER". (The second character is the numeral "one").

The subject only has two more weeks to run, but if you are interested, the lectures are broadcast from our Access Grid Room - you can watch me in real time if you have the requisite software (which is free).

cheers,
Alasdair