Re: [Axiom-mail] Axiom commands in LaTeX documents

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Axiom commands in LaTeX documents
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 16:00:07 -0400

On 8/4/07, Alasdair McAndrew wrote:
> Does the axiom.sty file allow for the following construction of an
> axiom command and output in a LaTeX file:
>
> input command (flushleft, textstyle)
> Axiom output (centred, or left, math typeset)
> Axiom type (flushright, textstyle)

No, unfortunately it does not although we have discussed this before
on the axiom-devel list.

> I could certainly kludge this up myself, but surely a command such as
>
> \axiom{integrate(x^2,x)}{\frac{1}{3}x^3}{Type: Polynomial Fraction Integer}
>
> should do it all.  Actually, from within emacs, it should be possible
> to call such a command as
>
> \axiom{integrate(x^2,x)}
>
> and have Axiom itself compute the output and complete the command.

A LaTeX interface like this is available for Sage and is used on the
Axiom Wiki to produce output from Sage on web pages and in pamphlet
files. See for example:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxSagePamphlet
http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AboutSage

Sage in turn can interface with Axiom and so Axiom output can be
produced this way. But something very similar to this that only
generated Axiom output should be quite easy to write. If you are able
to "kludge this up" for Axiom I think that would be great and would be
immediately useful for the Axiom pamphlet files on the wiki.

Regards,
Bill Page.