Re: [Axiom-mail] downloading sources stale?

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] downloading sources stale?
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 21:03:49 +0200

As I understand it, when programming in Aldor I can access the full
functionality of Axiom?

Ehhhmmmm. I would tend to say yes, but this might not be 100% correct.
For example "delay" is used in Axiom, but is only defined as a keyword in Aldor which has currently no meaning.

But I would say, as a user these little details shouldn't bother you too much. See for example at Aldor-Combinat http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/hemmecke/aldor/combinat/ This package actually does only use a very limited subset of the Axiom library, but it demonstrates that you can write extensions on top of the Axiom library.

Best regards
Ralf