Re: [Axiom-mail] Elliptic curve factoring

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Elliptic curve factoring
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 11:56:31 +1000

Yes, it was a bit rude of me to release the code without any documentation at all.  I will not produce a literate pamphlet-style document (I have neither the time nor interest), but I will rewrite the code slightly to make it more transparent, and comment it throughout.

cheers,
Alasdair

On 7/14/07, Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> wrote:
On 07/10/2007 04:22 PM, Bill Page wrote:
> Now, Ralf, don't you go scaring people away by suggesting that we
> expect even more from them than just working with Axiom - that is hard
> enough as it is! ;-)

I apologize. It was not my intention.

> Seriously, I think we can develop such documentation as we go. From my
> point of view, doing this via the Axiom Wiki makes it very easy.

Bill, I actually was going to suggest that in my following mail, but I
had other stuff to do and so it did not make it to the list. I would
have suggested to use the literate axiom sources that you have put on
MathAction. Whoever is interested in that intfact.spad project, could
work there. And yes, there is a lot of work to do documenting the
algebra code. My comment was actually meant to encourage to write a bit
more documentation for new functionality than there is for current .spad
files. Alasdair, I hope you understand, that you are probably the person
who understands best your own code and the theory behind. Please make it
public and help in documenting it properly. Not everything must be done
by yourself, it is only that you are the one with the biggest knowledge
about that subject.

Ralf