Re: [Axiom-mail] Output/print without linefeed?

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Output/print without linefeed?
Date: 10 Jul 2007 01:51:52 -0400

*,

"Alasdair McAndrew" <address@hidden> writes:
> I was running a long program recently, and every now and again I wanted a
> little output to indicate how far the program had got.  The "output" command
> includes a line feed, which I don't want.  I've tried:
>
>  )set expose add constructor IPRNTPK
>
> but then, for example:
>
> for i in 1..10 repeat iprint(i::String)
>
> produces the output:
>
> 1
>    >> System error:
>    FLUSH is invalid as a function.
>
> Any ideas?

I entered this as bug #371 on Issue Tracker.

Attached is a patch containing a trivial fix.  The issue is in
newdata.spad.pamphlet, where FORCE-OUTPUT is being referenced as a
symbol, not as a function call.

The patch contains a new file: src/input/iprntpk.input.pamphlet which
tests for this bug in the regression suite.

Take care,
Steve