Re: [Axiom-mail] comparison operators and %pi

From: Sumant S.R. Oemrawsingh
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] comparison operators and %pi
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 14:20:20 +0200

Hi,

I actually do get this result:

(1) -> integrate(1/x,x)

   (1)  log(x)
                                          Type: Union(Expression Integer,...)
(2) -> solve(%=1,x)

   (2)  [x= %e]
                                       Type: List Equation Expression Integer

and I assume that that is what you want. You can of course do a solve on
log(x)-log(1), which would give the same result.

However, I do get this:

(3) -> integrate(1/x,x=1..t)

   (3)  potentialPole
                                         Type: Union(pole: potentialPole,...)

which happens, I assume, because it is possible that t = 0. How would one go
about telling axiom that 1 is in fact the lower boundary and t the upper
boundary, or t >= 1, or even at least that t > 0?

Regards,

S.