Re: [Axiom-mail] Spad and inductive types

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Spad and inductive types
Date: 08 May 2007 17:23:51 -0500

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

| Gaby,
|
| because you wanted a contruction of the data structure without any
| functionality, I think the following is the best (at the moment) I can
| think of.

Ralf --

  Many thanks for the various alternatives you suggested, and sharing
your insight into some of Aldor corners I did not explore before.

| I know the definitions in aaa.as look quite lengthy, but it probably
| shows how one could generically generate appropriate Aldor code from a
| more concise Syntax. All the exports that appear are basically the
| exports of the Union (OK, Union still has a few more.)

Yes, I'm a bit concerned about the length -- but I appreciate the
generality you're hinting at.

It looks to me as if, adding (G)ADT to Spad (or Aldor) would be quite
useful.

Many thanks,

-- Gaby