Re: [Axiom-mail] Re: noweb

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Re: noweb
Date: 14 Aug 2006 20:36:27 +0200

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

| > I would like to see the document script either go away or deeply
| > improved.
|
| Oh, another person who does not like "document" very much...

It stands in my way for having a more structured build system.

When in the cyle design-code-build-test; I don't need all those dvi
that document insist on building.  I have configure generate my
Makefiles, but document want to generate its own.

document was a necessary step to get Axiom to the state where it is
now.  But now, it either has to give the way or mutate significantly.
Most of the functionalities offered by document are superceded in my
work. So, unless, it mutates and offers me something I need and I don't
have now, it must be retired.

-- Gaby