[Axiom-mail] Axiom Volume 1: Tutorial

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-mail] Axiom Volume 1: Tutorial
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:45:49 -0500

Axiom Users;

I just received my printed copy of "Axiom - The 30 Year Horizon,
Volume 1: Tutorial" by Timothy Daly from Lulu.com. See:

http://www.lulu.com/content/190827

I think it looks very good. Thanks, Tim!

The format and printing style remind me of my soft cover copy of
"The Feynman Lectures on Physics" - it's definitely not a leather
bound collectors' edition but I rather like Jocelyn Guidry's
artwork on the front cover. For a mere $15 I think this volume is
very "serviceable" and it should help to make the tutorial content
more accessible new users of Axiom.

You can buy it direct from the publisher at the above link (my
new copy arrived in Canada about 1 week after I ordered it) or
you can order it through any of your favourite bookstore such as
Barnes&Noble and Amazon:

http://www.bookfinder4u.com/IsbnSearch.aspx?isbn=141166597X&mode=direct

or (because it has an official ISBN 141166597X) even from your
university bookstore.

I highyly recommend it. Order your copy today! :)

-----------

While visiting Lulu.com, also take a look at

http://www.lulu.com/kiehn

Robert Kiehn is a colleague of mine who first recommended that we
consider Lulu as a publisher for the new Axiom book. I think his
monumental 4 volume work on "Non-Equilibrium Systems and Irreversible
Processes" is an outstanding example of scientific self-publishing.
At the same time as ordering Axiom Volume 1, I also ordered the CDrom

Vol. 6 ... Maple Magic and Differential Topology

http://www.lulu.com/content/158314

containing nearly 500 Maple programs for computations involving non-
equilibrium systems. One of my projects for the coming year is to
implement many of these programs in Axiom.

Regards,
Bill Page.