Re: [Axiom-mail] Graphics not working ?

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Graphics not working ?
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 02:02:44 -0400

The graphics work (src/graph) and the viewAlone program exists that
can view the graphics files that are created. The file format for
2D graphics files is documented by the current build. The document is:

(path)/axiom/mnt/linux/doc/src/graph/fileformats.dvi

I have yet to document the 3D case.

Also during the build a test file is created (from the
src/graph/fileformats.pamphlet) in the (path)/axiom/int/graph directory.
You can see the 2D version of graphics working if you do:

cd (path)/axiom/int/graph
../../mnt/linux/bin/viewAlone parabola

This will bring up a 2D graph. If you click anywhere on the graph the
control panel will appear and you can manipulate the graph. Click on
the quit button twice to end the program.

There are two steps to do:

1. Integrate the graphics with the Axiom system
2. Document the 3D file format and source files
3. Build a 3D test case

Step 1 is in process. It requires recovering the sman program (aka
"superman"). I am in the process of building, documenting and testing
this locally but have not yet put it up on the worldwide server. Once
I complete step 1 I'll move on to steps 2 and 3.

At present I've stopped working on the sman program while I install
a series of long-overdue patches for the freebsd version (as you can
see from the flurry of patch confirmation messages). Once these
get locally tested I have to test them on Mark's freebsd system
so I can see how badly I've broken freebsd. When that completes
and is stable I'll return to building sman.

Tim