Re: [Axiom-mail] Help with AXIOM

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Help with AXIOM
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 19:10:46 +0100

Hello Elias,

"Elias P. TSIGARIDAS" <address@hidden> writes:

> I read data from a file and i do computations. I just want to measure
> the computation time

Ok.

First solution: use previously mentioned ")set message time on".

Second solution: update Renaud's TIMER package.
 http://ftp.lip6.fr/lip6/softs/formel/Axiom/Misc/timer.spad.gz

GCTIME should be replaced by GCL SI::GBC-TIME (thank you Camm).

  Function: GBC-TIME (&optional x)
      Package:SI

  Sets the internal C variable gc_time to X if X is supplied and then
  returns gc_time. If gc_time is greater or equal to 0, then gc_time is
  incremented by the garbage collector, according to the number of
  internal time units spent there. The initial value of gc_time is -1.

I tried to update the package but there is an issue with the SI:: common
lisp package prefix.

 Either I use SI_:_:GBC_-TIME()$Lisp syntax, the code compiles but Axiom
 compiler produces |SI::GBC-TIME| symbol which is not recognized as GCL
 function.

 Or either I use SI::GBC_-TIME()$Lisp syntax but in the case the code
 does not compile.

Another point is that a command like ")lisp (si::gbc-time 0)" should be
entered at package initialization to enable gbc-time computation.

Last point, one should use INTERNAL-TIME-UNITS-PER-SECOND from Lisp to
get the transform returned number into seconds.

 Constant: INTERNAL-TIME-UNITS-PER-SECOND
     Package:LISP The number of internal time units that fit into a second.

Sorry, I cannot help you further, what your are asking is beyond my
knowledge. As he proposed to you, Tim will help you.

Yours,
d.
--
David MENTRE <address@hidden> -- http://www.nongnu.org/axiom/