Re: [Axiom-developer] Bernoulli puzzle

From: Raymond Rogers
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Bernoulli puzzle
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 12:25:45 -0400

Tim,
    Yes I learned some time ago that maintenance can be devastating.  I am a little at odds
with your theory but not too much; and I will try to conform to your styles.  Along that
vein: can you point me to the current tools you recommend and examples of how you are
currently doing documentation?   They seem to have drifted a little over the years.

BTW: my ideal is "The Elements of Programming Style," by Kernighan and Plauger.
After a particularlly upsetting run in, with myself, regarding "clever" coding I found this to
be an exceptional guide.  Clarity is typically more important than cleverness or one or two
machine cycles.

"although YOU understand the code you write, nobody else does. "
Even when I was younger and clever that wasn't true after six months :):)  I guess I might
be schizoid but after six months and then looking at some "clever" math or programing I typically
have to start from scratch (really sad).

Ray