Re: [Axiom-developer] libgmp not found

From: Raoul
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] libgmp not found
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 00:12:38 +0200

Dear Tim,

> lists the packages Axiom expects to be installed for Debian as:
>
> gcc build-essential debhelper gettext gs-gpl html2text
> intltool-debian libgmp3-dev libice-dev libxau-dev libxaw7-dev
> po-debconf x-dev x11proto-input-dev x11proto-kb-dev
> libreadline5-dev gawk texlive-pstricks git-core texlive

Unfortunately this list is no longer correct. At least
in the unstable / sid branch of Debian, there are several
packages renamed or removed. Trying to apt-get install the
above list to check stops with:

  Package libreadline5-dev is not available, but is referred to by another
package.
  is only available from another source
  However the following packages replace it:
    libreadline-gplv2-dev:i386 lib64readline-gplv2-dev:i386
libreadline-gplv2-dev

  E: Unable to locate package gs-gpl
  E: Unable to locate package x-dev
  E: Package 'libreadline5-dev' has no installation candidate

> If Axiom fails to build after that I'll have to build a debian
> machine to debug it.

It is not urgent for me, so please do not waste your time here.
On the other hand, it might be a problem with the current Debian
development branch which needs to be fixed for new Axiom packages
anyway.

-- Raoul