Re: [Axiom-developer] caching getdatabase info

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] caching getdatabase info
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 22:46:50 +0200

On 06/10/2014 06:09 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> The getdatabase information is already cached.

Although, my LISP knowledge is too weak, I've seen that (and not
understood). But that is not the place that I need the cache for.

The structure I am building does only use SExpression for things like
'(has R AbelianGroup)' all the rest is data structures in SPAD.

But that's not the point. The point is that I need the full list of
signatures and categories that are "inherited" down to the bottom
BasicType. This "saturated" exports is not available from GETDATABASE.

In my old version, due to a local view, I would have to recompute that
saturation again and again, not very time critical (in contrast to how
long Sphinx runs), but anyway.

I've now put my global hash right into ConstructorData. And that already
seems to work fine. I don't need mutual recursion anymore. Although,...
I'm still interested in why I couldn't get FriCAS to compile such a
simple file.

https://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg07416.html
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/fricas-devel/AUtClriYbKk/HkWv66qpgj0J

Does that compile in AXIOM?