Re: [Axiom-developer] [fricas-devel] Re: trademarks

From: u1204
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] [fricas-devel] Re: trademarks
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 13:42:04 -0400

> Already understood and I had already mirrored my comments
> to the FriCAS-devel list; just forgot to include OpenAxiom.
>
> The issue is deeper though: An inspection of only the src/interp
> source files reveals numerous references to 'axiom' or 'Axiom'.
> FriCAS appears to use boot code -- I assume, without having got
> around to inspecting it in more detail, that it too may contain
> many such references; I haven't looked at OpenAxiom.

There is a tool called 'sed' that could fix this in a single command.
Any person who uses unix could do this in minutes.

The only thing it won't fix is the "axiom*.{png,jpg}" files.
I created those using gimp so they would have to be redone.

The "30 year horizon" image is work done by an artist for Axiom.
It shows a bayou in Lousianna. I have special permission to use it.

Using names properly is such a simple thing.
Nobody does a search on "Bing" and labels it "Google".
So why create a page with FriCAS and label each line Axiom?

I don't understand why this is a continuing problem.

Tim Daly