Re: [Axiom-developer] [fricas-devel] spadhelp

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] [fricas-devel] spadhelp
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 15:55:15 +0200 (CEST)

> Hello Waldek, hello Tim,
>
> in FriCAS, I find a file src/hyper/pages/HEAP.ht with a header
>
> % Copyright The Numerical Algorithms Group Limited 1992-94. All rights
> reserved.
> % !! DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE BY HAND !! Created by ht.awk.
>
> But there isn't any ht.awk in the repository.

Well, I wrote about this on 10 Sep 2008 in replay to Martin Rubey
and on 23 Sep 2009 in replay to you (I have copies of the messages
on my machine, presumably one should be able to find then in
Google archive but the Google interface is so ugly that I leave
this to desperate enough).

Anyway I wrote:

: We can recreate those pages, but this process in not integrated into
: Makefiles.  The tools need are on image of NAG cdrom (the one that
: Tim posted some time ago).  You can get the whole image at:
:
: http://www.math.uni.wroc.pl/~hebisch/prog/NAGcdrom.tar.bz2
:
: The programs are in the subdirectory cdrom/development/src/htex
: and the page sources are in the subdirectory
: cdrom/development/src/doc/htex
:
: If you want to fetch just what is needed to generete pages the following
: should do:
:
: Programs
:
: http://www.math.uni.wroc.pl/~hebisch/fricas/mkht
: http://www.math.uni.wroc.pl/~hebisch/fricas/secmenu.awk
: http://www.math.uni.wroc.pl/~hebisch/fricas/ht.awk
:
: Page sources:
:
: http://www.math.uni.wroc.pl/~hebisch/fricas/htex-pages.tar.gz
:
: The main reason to use .htex file as sources would be to generate
: updated versions of Jenk and Sutor book.  However, that would
: require some work merging already done updates to TeX files and hypertex
: pages back into .htex files.

> BTW, is there anywhere a good description of HyperTex. I faintly
> remember that I have once seen a list of all the commands available in
> HyperTex.

The Hyperdoc pages about HyperTex?  I have read them and they seem
quite accurate.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden