Re: [Axiom-developer] Literate Programming example

From: Raymond Rogers
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Literate Programming example
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 13:52:35 -0600

It's been a long time but I believe I read
Anatomy of Lisp
John Allen

As I recall it would be an example of "literate programing" in the sense
that every piece of code had extensive explanation before and after; and
could actually lift the code and implement it.
I found it a revelation; he actually built a lisp interpreter and a
memory management DB system right in front of my eyes; and I understood
it.  I had always thought that starting at that level and generating
what he did wouldn't be possible without inventing a new language for
the DB handling.  I thought DB handling was totally inappropriate for Lisp.
Of course he did start from a (small) kernel.
Sad to say it's out of print but Amazon has it available; for a
exorbitant price IMHO.

Ray