Re: [Axiom-developer] Aldor

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Aldor
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 22:27:41 +0200

On 10/16/2011 09:14 PM, address@hidden wrote:
PS: Yes, I'm still hoping that one day Aldor becomes free. :-)

I think you over-estimate the value of a "free Aldor" and underestimate
the costs.

Sure, I do. ;-) But a non-free Aldor cannot serve the scientific community at all. All CAS people that were interested in Aldor already lost interest.

Better it is free and there is a little chance that some day someone picks it up) than non-free and unmaintained.

It's completely clear to me that it will take quite some time to build a community around Aldor. The longer it takes to get it free, the higher the chances that Aldor will be completely forgotten.

Well, it's Stephen's choice to let his baby die. I don't have the copyright so I can do nothing but ask.

Ralf