[Axiom-developer] HyperDoc bug

From: Dmitry Semikin
Subject: [Axiom-developer] HyperDoc bug
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 13:10:39 +0400

May be, the bug is known, I did not found any public issue tracker (I mean alive one). So, here it is:

AXIOM Computer Algebra System
Version: Axiom (July 2011)
Timestemp: Monday September 19, 2011 at 02:15:02

OS: Ubuntu 10.10 (running within VMWare Player under Windows XP)

1. In HyperDoc window click Browse
2. Type in: "CARTEN" into search line
3. Click "Constructors" bellow

Result: HyperDoc window is closed, the following line is printed out in console:
>> System error:
The function MAKE-INPUT-FILENAME is undefined.

After that typing ")hd" into the console brings HyperDoc window, there is warning string in the console:
binding UNIX server socket: Address already in use (HyperDoc) Warning: Not conected to AXIOM server!

and Browse facility of Hyperdoc do not work.

Note: The same thing happens with other domains too (e.g. Integer). More over, it looks, like HyperDoc crashes, when I try to access domain descriptions. E. g. If I go to some Category description (it works), and than use "Domains" link at the bottom, the result is the same.

Note: The same behaviour is observed in standard Ubuntu package AXIOM (there earlier version of axiom is included).

Dmitry Semikin