Re: [Axiom-developer] How was axiom's bookvol10.2.pamphlet file generate

From: daly
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] How was axiom's bookvol10.2.pamphlet file generated?
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 18:09:35 -0400

It occurs to me that I didn't fully answer your question about
the complete graph information.

The complete graph is VERY complex and I could not find a way
to visualize the whole thing. I'm getting better at HTML5,
Javascript, and CSS so I may eventually figure out a good way.

In any case, the complete dependence graph information is
available in src/algebra/Makefile.pamphlet. The layerpic
chunks have all of the edges listed although mostly as
comments. Only the "supporting edge" is not commented.

To construct a "supporting edge" you need to find out every
dependence and then find the one in the highest layer. This
forces a new domain to be one layer higher and is the edge
that supports the new domain. So everything in layer 14
depends on something in layer 13 and nothing in or above
layer 14.

Adding new algebra involves finding the supporting edge.
I have written some code for this but it is not very robust
so it is not part of the system.

If you really want to construct the "FULL" graph you can use
the dot information in src/algebra/Makefile.pamphlet. All you
need to do is uncomment the dot commands in the layerpic chunks.

Tim