Re: [Axiom-developer] eq? in book-index

From: Eugene Surowitz
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] eq? in book-index
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 12:04:29 -0400

Arthur:

I think these were the comments that gave me the
impression that much of the index effort was by hand.
The use of latex \index was what I expected.
Things are now clearer.

Thanx and cheers,
Eugene J. Surowitz

On 5/16/2011 6:35 PM, Arthur Ralfs wrote:

Eugene,

I did the xhtml-mthml version of the book several years ago from the
latex/tex using regular expressions in emacs. It was quite laborious.
Because a lot of the latex is hand written and the tex output from axiom
has been hand modified a lot of the conversion had to be done by hand.
I always thought it would be nice if it could be generated automatically
when building axiom but I think to do so would require regularizing the
latex in the book pamphlets. Maybe then requiring any future additions
to the book to be run through a validator.

Arthur