[Axiom-developer] Re: Documentation bug

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Documentation bug
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 14:25:57 -0400

Ralf,

fixed in bookvol0 and the xhtml version.
writing mathml by hand is tedious.

Tim

Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
Hi Tim, Bill, Waldek.

In section "8.3.2  Using All Roots of a Polynomial"

http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org/uploads/chapter-8.xhtml

the text is not correct anymore. I don't know for Axiom, but it's wrong
on the website and for FriCAS.

I'm not sure whether this is due to a change in FriCAS only, but the
symbol %x2 does not appear in the output and %x1 actually also does not
correspond to a root, but rather %x0*%x1 does.

Ralf

PS: Tim, I actually wanted to send a patch, but since I have switched on
highlighting in my emacs, bookvol0.pamphlet hung my emacs.