Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom / Aldor

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom / Aldor
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 15:14:37 +0200

That's right. There is a "new system compiler" and it is called Aldor.
But the Aldor compiler from aldor.org cannot be distributed with any of
the PanAxiom systems (Axiom, OpenAxiom, FriCAS), because they are all
under a BSD-License and Aldor is only semi-free. Tightly integrating the
Aldor compiler into PanAxiom would require a license change to the
semi-free APL2 http://www.aldor.org/AldorPublicLicense2_0.html .

This license is also the reason why there is currently no development on
Aldor anymore. :-(

See also bottom of http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org/FrontPage

If you want a "new system compiler", then help to free Aldor.

Ralf