[Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom volunteer work ideas

From: Ted Kosan
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom volunteer work ideas
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 14:23:12 -0500

Tim wrote:

>Interactive 3D Object in Axiom documentation
>
>Axiom is being rewritten into a literate programming style.
>That means that all of the source code will be in pdfs.
>There is a site:
>http://meshlabstuff.blogspot.com/2009/03/creating-interactive-3d-objects-inside.html
>which allows someone to put a 3D object into a pdf yet keep
>it interactive. Axiom can create 3D images. I'd like to be able
>to put one of those images into the Axiom pdfs. If you look at
>Volume 1, Chapter 10 it shows how to draw 3D objects.
>Demonstrate an Axiom 3D graph being used interactively in a pdf.

Something similar to this are live Dvi documents.  The demo at the
following website shows an interactive 3D object inside a live Dvi
document:

http://www-sfb288.math.tu-berlin.de/jdvi/

One advantage of this approach is that any kind of GUI components can
be placed into the Dvi document, including ones that interact with the
Axiom calculation engine.  Another advantage is that the live Dvi
document can either run in a browser or by itself outside of a
browser.

Ted
http://mathpiper.org