[Axiom-developer] Mandriva axiom install

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Mandriva axiom install
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 09:46:32 -0400

I was unaware that there was a Mandriva rpm of Axiom anywhere.

All working versions of Axiom are available at:
http://axiom-developer.org/axiom-website/download.html
One of the fedora versions is likely to work fine, especially
since Mandriva is a derivative of the RedHat line.

I will build a Mandriva machine and an Axiom build.

Tim

                Privacy: Public
            Assigned to: None
       Originator Email: address@hidden
            Open/Closed: Open
        Discussion Lock: Any
       Operating System: GNU/Linux

Details:

I am running Mandriva Spring 2009, on a Gnome desktop.
I first installed axiom from the Mandriva rpm installer. At the console, absolutely nothing happened when I typed axiom. It simply returned to my directory.
I then downloaded and installed the binary file "redhat9" and followed all
the instructions. This time an error message of a missing shared library is generated. The library referred to is:
libreadline.so.4

I have checked, and note that I have libreadline.so.6

I presume some line in the code has to change. How do I do this, so there is a correct reference to libreadline version 6?

Otherwise, I have to give up on trying to use axiom

 <http://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?106905>

 Message sent via/by Savannah
 http://savannah.nongnu.org/