[Axiom-developer] Re: [fricas-devel] Re: [Axiom-mail] InputForm

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [fricas-devel] Re: [Axiom-mail] InputForm
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 22:34:06 -0400

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 9:48 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

> That is the job of Syntax domain in OpenAxiom.

Although it sounds logical and desirable, I suppose that direct
conversion of values in the Syntax domain to "canonical" values in
InputForm is a rather hard problem. No?

I am tempted to argue in fact that the primary purpose of most of the
rest of panAxiom is to do just this sort of conversion - through the
algebraic "back door" so-to-speak ...