Re: [Axiom-developer] Building Axiom on Slackware

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Building Axiom on Slackware
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 15:06:14 -0400

> >> Slackware doesn.t have static library libXpm.a:
> >>

> > I have found the sources and am able to build the missing file.
> > http://axiom-developer.org/axiom-website/Xpm.tgz
> > contains the Xpm sources and you can buid libXpm.a from there.
> >
> > Tim
> >

> Not a graceful way.
>
> libXpm is part of X from X.Org Foundation,
> so this library should be just recompiled
> to make static and shared libs.
>
> Or, the best way, I think, switch Axiom to shared libraries;
> how difficult is it?

You can find the libXpm libraries online. Don't use the sources I
provide. I thought I was being helpful and saving some effort by
caching the sources locally.

libXpm is used to display pixmaps.  This functionality is part of the
graphics subsystem.  If you feel that you would rather simply rewrite
the code to not use the libXpm package or use the shared library, I'd
be happy to include your diff-Naur patch.

I'm in the process of rewriting graphics to use Firefox canvas
elements.  Axiom's Firefox front end does not use X at all so the
problem won't exist eventually.

Tim