Re: [Axiom-developer] 20081202.02.tpd.patch (website download.html add D

From: William Sit
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] 20081202.02.tpd.patch (website download.html add Doyen Thumbdrive)
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 06:48:45 -0500

Tim:

I found out how to get around the MBR problem.
I have to first boot into safe mode with command prompt (on my machine, it is F8 while booting). Then in the DOS window, run bootinst.bat. This succeeds in overwriting the MBR. Then I have to change the BIOS setting (F2 while booting) to allow booting from a USB HDD.

And that does it. Axiom runs.

I did find some problem with the hyperdoc trying to run examples from 3D graphics. It crashes with a system error. I don't have the details since I had to reboot a few times to set up internet access. I can connect by wired internet, but I have not been able to run wireless yet -- That's my problem though.

Great job and many thanks to Alfredo Portes for the thumbdrive version.

William

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 05:33:04 -0500