Re: [Axiom-developer] User Interface Help

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] User Interface Help
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 13:48:21 -0500

Ted,

>Here is an example of a web-based dynamic graph that you may find
>interesting.  The data is in German, but the graph can contain text in
>any language (Just drag on the image and click on the edges to make it
>move):
>
>http://www.mfirst.de/wi/
>

>The software is called HyperGraph and it is open source:
>
>http://hypergraph.sourceforge.net
>

>I am thinking of using HyperGraph in MathRider as part of its
>documentation engine.

I am working on a javascript version of the hypergraph
similar to what you suggest. The key advantage of a javascript
implementation is that I can embed it in the new Axiom Firefox
browser front end. This will allow me to dynamically look up
information during the graph traversal.

In addition, by associating a "facet" with each node in the graph
structure I can use the same code to navigate the "crystal" interface.
The hypergraph mobius transformation allows me to model the whole
surface as a multifaceted crystal structure.

I'm trying to figure out how to do mouse-over menus so you can
choose the information you want to see about a category. I also
want to be able to change the graph so you can see other relations
(such as coercions) rather than just inheritance.

Tim