Re: [Axiom-developer] cannot build axiom

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] cannot build axiom
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 21:54:08 +0200

I built the configure script because people insisted that "everybody"
types "configure".

And that is somehow true.

Anyway, the readme should better explain what exactly I have to do for my system. I am not a native english speaker. That line

export AXIOM=/spad/mnt/linux       << which axiom to build

in the Makefile is just not clear. And further, I guess, some not so experienced users might not even know that they run debian, fedora or whatever. They just know that it is linux. So what will you tell them that you cannot figure out by a proper configure script automatically?

It just needs to go away.

OK. It's your way of dealing with it.

Ralf