[Axiom-developer] Re: MathAction book links

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: MathAction book links
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 11:53:34 -0400

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 11:12 AM, Martin Rubey wrote:
> Bill Page wrote:
>> This link works for me in both Microsoft Explorer and in Firefox on
>> Windows and Linux. Perhaps this a problem with Konqueror? Do
>> you see any problem with the HTML code that is generated for the
>> download page?
>
> I guess the code in question is the following:
>
> <form action="mirrors">
> class="hover-red">
> <input type="button" name="Continue" value="Continue Download (USA)"
> class="hover-red"
> onclick='window.location.href ="<a
> href="http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org/public/book2.pdf";>http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org/public/book2.pdf</a>";'
>  /></a>
> <input type="button" name="Continue" value="Continue Download (Europe)"
> class="hover-blue"
> onclick='window.location.href ="<a
> href="http://axiom.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/public/book2.pdf";>http://axiom.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/public/book2.pdf</a>";'
>  /></a>
> <input type="button" name="Donate" value="Donate Funds" class="hover-red"
> onclick='window.location.href ="/public/book2.pdf";'/></a>
> </form>
>
> Interestingly, when I click "Donate", download begins immediately (even in
> Konqueror).

This HTML code is definitely screwed up. It also appears this way when
I view the source in FireFox. Inspite of that it does appear to do the
"right thing" in FireFox.

This javascript is wrong:

  onclick='window.location.href ="<a
href="http://axiom.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/public/book2.pdf";>http://axiom.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/public/book2.pdf</a>";'

It should be:

  onclick='window.location.href
="http://axiom.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/public/book2.pdf";;'

Similarly, there should be no "onclick" in the donate button. It
should not download the book. When you click on
Donate you are supposed to end up on this page:

http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org/public/donate.html

Something is going wrong in the generation of the HTML code from the
Zope DTML template. I will investigate and let you know when I have
corrected the problem.