[Axiom-developer] Re: ACL2/Axiom recommendation

From: J Strother Moore
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: ACL2/Axiom recommendation
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 19:01:38 -0600

Hi Tim.  I don't have anything to add to Matt's
excellent response.  I too took note of the bogus
thought that ACL2 might do well with finite
fields.  The only way I can imagine ACL2 being
especially useful there is if you characterized
arbitrary finite fields of some parameterized
size.  Particular finite bounds, e.g., 271, don't
particularly help ACL2 unless it can just grind
out all the cases by evaluation.