[Axiom-developer] Two Computational Mathematics Job Openings

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Two Computational Mathematics Job Openings
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:30:43 -0600

City College of New York (my prior place of employment) and the
Center for Algorithms and Interactive Scientific Software (CAISS) has
two tenure track job openings. Headed by Gilbert Baumslag, the designer
of Magnus <http://sourceforge.net/projects/magnus>, this is a group
dedicated to computational mathematics. There is a strong emphasis
on group-theoretic work, as Dr. Baumslag is the leading expert in
infinite group theory.

Dr. Baumslag has invented and reduced to practice a new interface idea
called the "zero learning curve" front end. It changes the way users
think about solving problems, allows parallel computations naturally,
and, as you'd expect from the title, is trivial to learn.

As a former employee I can highly recommend the people and the
working environment. There are many visitors to the group who are
known worldwide so there are many interesting connections.

Visit <http://grouptheory.org>

Tim Daly