[Axiom-developer] Axiom and Sage

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Axiom and Sage
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 12:42:27 -0600

Having downloaded the Sage vmware image and done a
package-install('axiom4sage...') I find that Sage is
not running Axiom but Fricas, which is a fork. That's
fine but I'd appreciate it if you be specific that
you're using Fricas, not Axiom. They are separate
projects and I don't want the confusion that will
occur if we're not precise in the use of the names.

The Axiom code base and project goals are different
from the Fricas code base and project goals. While
we cooperate on various things they are not the same.

Please use the name "Axiom"  when using Axiom in Sage
and "Fricas" when using Fricas in Sage.

Tim