[Axiom-developer] Re: AMS Notices: Open Source Mathematical Software

From: Paul Zimmermann
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: AMS Notices: Open Source Mathematical Software
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 23:24:35 +0100

       Dear Tim,

> Third, even if the NSF funded SAGE, how would those funds benefit the
> various subprojects like Axiom?

let me give my opinion on that specific point. As a developer of two
"subprojects" used by SAGE, I can say that the SAGE developers do a
tremendous work in porting, testing, reporting bugs and even patches
to "upstream" developers. This saves a lot of time to the subproject
developers, and helps a lot in improving the quality of those subprojects.

Paul