[Axiom-developer] Re: axserver console interaction

From: Alfredo Portes
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: axserver console interaction
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:46:20 -0700

Hi Arthur,

On 10/15/07, Arthur Ralfs <address@hidden> wrote:
> Alfredo,
>
> I made a minor change to the format of the response
> from axserver.spad.  Are you using the new one or
> an old one?  I just checked what I uploaded and it's
> working for me.

Yes I am using the latest axserver.spad. I will test
again with a fresh checkout. I am also about to test
in Windows.

> I simplified the format a the axserver response to:
[...]
> Now I add the extra stuff in the javascript.
> I thought cluttering up the axiom response with
> with things other than the raw data was maybe not the
> best.  However I can easily add different functions to
> deliver a format to keep everybody happy.

Yeah this was very good idea, it is much cleaner now.
Also with the changes you made it is much faster, great work.

By the way as a side project I started writing a clone of
Hyperdoc in Java, using AxServer also.

I tried to keep the same look and feel.
Currently it can use ht.db to find the Hyperdoc Pages in
the link between pages, and display the content in raw form.
Of course now I need a parser to convert the latex
like syntax of the pages into html.

If you want to play with it:

svn co https://alfredoportes.com/svn/jaxiom/trunk jyperdoc :-)

Regards,