[Axiom-developer] Gold numbering scheme

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Gold numbering scheme
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 20:57:31 -0500

Cliff,

We're not in the advertising business. We're doing long term science.

It makes no difference if there are "major" improvements from version
10.1 to 10.2. Every version features improvements.

Linus Torvolds commented that he is constantly asked when "version 3.0"
of linux will be released. He estimates that there will never be a
version 3.0 and people don't like that answer.

It's a number. It has no meaning except what we give it.

The meaning of Axiom's version number is year/month/patch of source release.
2007 September's Gold would be axiom-7.9.0

Tim