Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: help function (Waldek Hebisch)

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: help function (Waldek Hebisch)
Date: 05 Sep 2007 16:48:57 +0200

Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:

> (1) -> ?foo x  == x + x
>                                                                    Type: Void
> (2) -> ?foo 3
>    There are no library operations named foo

> (2) -> <<bar x == x + x
>                                                                    Type: Void
> (3) -> <<bar 3
>    There are no library operations named bar

Interesting.  I'd consider these as bugs.

(1) -> ? x == x^2
                                                                   Type: Void
(2) -> ? x
      package UnivariatePolynomialMultiplicationPackage
   Compiling function $EmptyMode with type Variable x -> Polynomial
      Integer

         2
   (2)  x
                                                     Type: Polynomial Integer
(3) -> << x == x^2
                                                                   Type: Void
(4) -> << x
   Compiling function << with type Variable x -> Polynomial Integer

         2
   (4)  x
                                                     Type: Polynomial Integer

(5) -> <<foo x == x^2
                                                                   Type: Void
(6) -> <<foo
   Compiling function << with type Variable foo -> AnonymousFunction

      domain AnonymousFunction
               2
   (6)  x +-> x
                                                      Type: AnonymousFunction
(7) -> <<foo x
   There are no library operations named foo
      Use HyperDoc Browse or issue
                                )what op foo
      to learn if there is any operation containing " foo " in its
      name.

   Cannot find a definition or applicable library operation named foo
      with argument type(s)
                                 Variable x

      Perhaps you should use "@" to indicate the required return type,
      or "$" to specify which version of the function you need.
(7) -> _<_<foo x
      package UnivariatePolynomialMultiplicationPackage
   Compiling function <<foo with type Variable x -> Polynomial Integer

         2
   (7)  x
                                                     Type: Polynomial Integer

Martin