[Axiom-developer] umlaut in Guess - mailing list for algebra

From: Martin Rubey
Date: 04 Sep 2007 09:20:59 +0200

Sorry Bill for replying late.  At least communication became a lot more
complicated with these forks.

> While building FriCAS rev: 46 using GNU CLISP 2.39 on Solaris 10.2 x86
>  I received the error message:
>
>   invalid byte #xC3 in CHARSET:ASCII conversion
>
> in the file 'GUESS.spad'. Is this a known problem?
[...]
> Any suggestions? Should I just edit the file to remove these
>  "non-standard" characters?

Yes.  Newer versions of Guess should not have any umlauts, but I'm still
considering to release newer versions GPL only.  (Because of the forks)

Maybe we could agree on having at least only one mailing list for the algebra
related stuff.  Maybe aldor-l or axiom-math?

Martin