[Axiom-developer] SubDomain in SPAD and not in Aldor

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] SubDomain in SPAD and not in Aldor
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 12:23:30 +0200

No. subdomain is already part of Spad. Spad implements things this way
but Aldor does not. If I am discussing changing anything it would be
Aldor not Spad.

Bill, I hope I can convince you otherwise during the Aldor meeting or we can work out something better.

But writing

PositiveInteger == SubDomain(Integer, #1 > 0)

or something similar only *looks* nicer than it actually is. I do not think that there is any gain from keeping SubDomain in the SPAD language.

Let's report about this after the workshop.

Ralf