Re: [Axiom-developer] getrulefunlists

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] getrulefunlists
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 12:47:17 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007, Stephen Wilson wrote:

| Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:
| > *** src/interp/parsing.lisp.pamphlet        (revision 21589)
| > --- src/interp/parsing.lisp.pamphlet        (local)
| > *************** Symbolics read-line returns embedded new
| > *** 908,914 ****
| >       (set flnam pfx-funlist)
| >       (if (not (lessp (setq n (length metapfx)) 0))
| >           (setq unpfx-funlist
| > !               (mapcar #'(lambda (x) (intern (subseq (copy-symbol (pname
x)) n)))
| >                          pfx-funlist)))
| >       (if unpfx-funlist (list pfx-funlist unpfx-funlist))))
| >
| > --- 908,914 ----
| >       (set flnam pfx-funlist)
| >       (if (not (lessp (setq n (length metapfx)) 0))
| >           (setq unpfx-funlist
| > !               (mapcar #'(lambda (x) (intern (subseq (symbol-name
(copy-symbol (pname x))) n)))
| >                          pfx-funlist)))
| >       (if unpfx-funlist (list pfx-funlist unpfx-funlist))))
|
| I dont understand this change.

I expalined the problem earlier:

   copy-symbol returns a symbol, not a string that could be considered
   as a sequence, and not a character that we could use PNAME to turn
   into symbol.  Juts a symbol.

All I fixed is an obvious type error.  Whether the function is more
computationally expensive than it needs to be is a separate matter.

Now that it is type correct, you can rewrite the whole function reducing
reduncies :-)